Safety and security for students and staff is a top priority at Grace Christian School. We take this priority very seriously. With the assistance of the Lee County Sheriff’s Office and other third party security consultants, we are continually evaluating and devising policies, procedures and tools to ensure the security of our campus without compromise.
Controlled Digital Access System
All exterior doors remain locked 24 hours a day with access only granted through a staff Controlled Digital Access system. Visitors may go to the Main Office to be buzzed into an administrative-only area.
Video Surveillance, Alarms & Fire Preventions
The entire campus is outfitted with more than a 70 camera video surveillance system which allows remote monitoring of all facilities by our security team 24/7. Our security and administration teams have direct access to the police department through a hand-held radio system to eliminate the need for phone access in the case of an emergency. Our alarm system is also fully equipped with required fire prevention capabilities.
Security Team, Training & Resource Officers
Resource officers from Lee County Sheriff’s Department are on our campus every day. Grace also staffs a full-time maintenance team to help provide a safe and secure facility. They are available to respond to immediate issues that may arise in addition to providing their daily service to help manage maintenance issues.
Our teachers and staff are equipped with the Active Defender system for increased campus safety. During life threatening situations, this system provides for optimum communication and faster, more coordinated responses. Active Defender allows on-site safety staff and first responders to immediately assess emergency situations and to react with greater speed and accuracy.
We have a health and safety plan in place to address any concerns or injuries during school hours and after school activities. Our staff is trained annually on these procedures during our teacher orientation.
Criminal Background Checks
Grace Christian uses the Raptor Visitor Management System for all campus visitors, volunteers and staff, which includes:
- Screen every visitor, including contractors, guardians, and volunteers, instantly against the most reliable and up-to-date U.S. sex offender databases in all 50 states.
- Check visitors against custom school or district databases which can contain custodial restrictions and/or banned visitors.
- Immediately alert administrative and security personnel should a visitor be identified as a risk.
- Print badges with the approved visitor’s photo, name, date, time of entry, the building name, and visitor’s destination.
- Generate accurate, reliable district-wide and school-level reports with a complete sign-in history for every person entering your schools.