The International Student Program began with a vision 17 years ago with two students and has evolved into an innovative program that partners with agencies as well as independent families to bring quality and excellence to global education. Grace Christian school offers a fully dually accredited education where we have strong college-preparatory academics in conjunction with excellence in fine arts and athletics.
It is our goal that international students have the opportunity to experience the culture of our community and for our community to be given a glimpse into a unique global perspective.
What we look for in a host family:
- A warm and welcoming attitude and an eagerness to share American culture with an international student.
- An interest in other cultures and a willingness to accept an international student as a member of the family.
- Ability to provide a private bathroom for the student, three nutritious meals per day with groceries available for student, wireless internet, and transportation between school and home.
What Host Families Can Expect:
- Agencies to screen students through local representatives and to match based on interests ensuring a high-quality match.
- Orientation and on-going support for students and host families.
- Students to be able to speak/understand English well enough for everyday communication.
- A dedicated local coordinator to assist with monthly check-ins.
If you are interested in becoming a host family or Grace student please click below for more information or call our International Student Director Kim Casey at 919-774-4415 ext. 5151.
German student, Julian Steinfeld
Turkey student Derinsu Aksut