Grace Christian School provides opportunities for International students to attend school in the United States. The purpose of our international program is threefold:
1. To honor God by fulfilling our mission to “impact the world through the teaching of a Christ-centered curriculum in a Christ-centered environment.”
2. To build diversity in our student body by having International students bring cultural perspectives into our school.
3. To give opportunity for International students to have a cross-cultural experience and prepare for an American college experience.
GCS is a SEVIS approved school and is authorized to issue I-20’s to International students who meet our criteria for admissions. This includes documentation outlined in Phase I & II beloMario Reading (2)w; as well as, the student
Agencies that we work with for International Student placement include:
AEEC Southern China
A+ International Education Alliance, LLC
In recent years we have hosted International Students from South Korea, China, Germany, and Vietnam.
GCS seeks to provide a high quality education for all of our students including our International Students.
The rates outlined in the following document are reflective of a quality program and also one where we value highly the cultural diversity that our International Students bring to our school.
To start the process please read the International Student Policy and then contact our International Student Coordinator Mrs. Casey at firstname.lastname@example.org
After making contact with our International Student Coordinator, then please complete the International Student Application and forward the teacher recommendation form to at least two teachers who have taught you in the last two years.
You will also need to provide to the GCS International Student Coordinator a copy of:
Report card or school transcript for the last two years (translated into English)
Copy of your F-1 Visa if you have one in place
Copy of your passport
Once we have the above documentation, then we will schedule an interview via Skype.
After the interview then you will need to complete the following documentation to finalize your admissions:
For international students seeking a host family, we will gladly help secure a quality home stay family for your time in the states. To start the process please read, sign, and return the following document.
Admissions to GCS is based on the following:
Prior academic performance and behavior
Standardized Test Scores (TOFEL/SLEP)International dinner (2)
Student Recommendation Forms
Skype Interview with School Administration
- GCS International Student Application — Application Fee must be paid
- TOFEL or SLEP Scores
- Middle or High School Transcript (last 3 years) – translated into English
- Teacher References from your last school (2 required)
- Immunization Record – translated into English
- Submit Homestay Application if you are requesting
- Homestay in the USA
- Skype Interview with student/International parents
- GCS will provide Letter of Acceptance and Enrollment Contract — must be signed and returned
- Proof of Health Insurance (HCC or other approved) — HCC Health Insurance
- GCS will mail you the “Official I-20” — unless you are with an agency
- GCS Coordinator will finalize your Homestay Application
- Fulfill payment obligations based on deadlines in your enrollment contract
- Agency/student must submit US equivalency transcript for any courses taken outside of the USA. Two recommended services are: — Josef Silny — or — Worldwide Education Services
- GCS International students pay for tuition and additional International Student fees. Host family fees are paid separate from tuition and other GCS fees.