Reports to Upper School Principal
To plan, organize and present instruction and instructional environments that help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their educational, social and spiritual development.
About Grace Christian School
Located in Sanford, NC, Grace Christian School offers accredited K-12 private Christian education. Our mission is to equip students from a Christian worldview to reach their God-given potential through excellence in academics, athletics, fine arts and technology. Our faculty and staff have been hand-selected for their outstanding qualifications, commitment to education, and love for Jesus Christ. It is our desire to guide each student in the development of Christ-like character and life goals that are pleasing to God.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Seek to role model in attitude, speech, and action a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
- Collaborate in developing a program of continuous progress consistent with Grace Christian School’s mission, goals and objectives to meet the needs, interests, and abilities of students.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials. Provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals. Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicates these objectives to the students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media.
- Assess student learning, through observations, authentic performance, and more formal methods, in an ongoing manner, providing frequent student feedback, information to parents and written progress reports
- Collaborate with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods
- Provide adequate plans for substitute teachers and evaluate their performance.
- Seek the cooperation and assistance of parents through oral or written communication.
- Make provisions for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Demonstrate punctuality and responsibility in performing all duties and activities as assigned.
- Participate in professional development programs as assigned by the Director of Academics or the Principal.
- Attend staff meetings, serves on staff committees as requested, and accepts a share of responsibility for co-curricular or other activities as assigned by the Principal or Director of Academics.
- Willingly performs other related duties as required/assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or in a related area that will qualify for licensure as a teacher by the NC Department of Instruction or ACSI
- 2+ years classroom experience preferred
- Knowledgeable of best practices, expected grade level development/content milestones
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to motivate students and to maintain order in a classroom environment
- Ability to maintain a clean and orderly environment
- Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology
- Committed Christ-follower
How to Apply
- Submit a GCS Employment Application
- Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLAIMER: The statements of the job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this category. The description does not contain an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills and other requirements necessary of employees to perform in this position.