This position has been filled.
Reports to Director of Information and Technology
Grace Chapel Ministries is seeking a qualified individual to maintain day-to-day technical tasks involving network communication systems, software, hardware and IoT. The Grace Chapel Campuses consists of multiple ministries; Grace Christian School (GCS), Grace Christian Child Development Centers (CDC) and Grace Chapel Church (GCC).
While technical skills are necessary for this position to accomplish tasks, a high level of importance and weight is placed upon the ability of this individual to be personable, respectable, approachable and teachable. The ability to help calm a situation with knowledge and assurance are vital to the continued success of the ministries and this important position.
- Demonstrated gifts in networking as well as leadership and organization
- Work closely/communicate with other IT personalities as a positive and encouraging team member
- Biblical and theological discernment consistent with the beliefs of Grace Chapel Ministries’ Statement of Faith
- Be able to consistently support and execute assigned responsibilities in a manner that represents ministry goals and objectives
- An Associate’s degree in a networking field or a successful work history equivalent
Important Skills/Personal Traits
- Willingness to work with a flexible schedule. Due to the nature of the ministry, events are held at various times and days, including evenings and weekends
- Maintains a high degree of accuracy while keeping an eye toward deadlines
- Cooperative team member who respects organizational policies and procedures
- Excellent problem solving, multi-tasking, troubleshooting skills and attention to details
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing
- Successful history in working independently, collaborating with others, and as a team member
- Ability to follow processes and directions
Preferred Technical Skills
- Good mental and hands-on knowledge of computer systems, hardware and software
- Possess troubleshooting, problem-solving, analytical, and priority/time management skills
- Experience with Telephony, Voice over IP, and related systems
- An openness to learning new technologies and discovering solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of discipline related standards and best practices
Responsibilities & Duties
This person will be responsible to assist with weekly network systems support for Grace Chapel Ministries (GCM) in, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Observe and respond to IT related requests or issues in a timely manner.
- Support digital systems, find and implement solutions at all locations.
- Manage computers, tablets, printers, servers, networks, telephone, and other equipment.
- Assist in the addition of new users, systems and connectivity.
- Keep inventory of equipment, software, and licenses.
- Install, configure, and upgrade software and hardware.
- Identify and recommend new technologies.
- Other duties as assigned
Other General Expectations
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by: a well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, be willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, while maintaining composure and flexibility
- Be conscientious of confidentiality
- Be able to accept criticism
- Exercise discernment and wise judgment
- Give extreme attention to detail with an eye for excellence
- Ability to work safely in high areas using a lift
- Be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task through priority and organization
How to Apply
- Submit a GCS Employment Application
- Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLAIMER: The statements of the job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this category. The description does not contain an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills and other requirements necessary of employees to perform in this position.