Reports to Maintenance Director
Grace Chapel Ministries is looking to fill positions for weekday afternoons and evenings on our Sanitation & Facility Team. If you are looking for a place that will value and appreciate your gifts, Grace may be the place for you. Full and Part Time Positions Available. The Grace Chapel Campuses consists of multiple ministries; Grace Christian School (GCS), Grace Christian Child Development Centers (CDC) and Grace Chapel Church (GCC).
- Consistent personal prayer and devotional life
- Demonstrated gifts in the areas janitorial and facility preparation maintenance
- Ability to work with and maintain a flexible posture as it relates to the various activities that can interrupt normal routines on the campus, including special requests and events
- Demonstrate and follow the safety precautions and instructions of management and training
- Criminal & Driving Background Check
- Biblical and theological discernment consistent with the beliefs of Grace Chapel Ministries’ Statement of Faith
- Be able to consistently support and execute assigned responsibilities in a manner that represents ministry goals and objectives
- Work history in the areas janitorial, cleaning and facility preparation maintenance
Important Skills/Personal Traits
- Willingness to work with a flexible schedule. Due to the nature of the ministry, events are held at various times and days, including evenings and weekends
- Maintains a high degree of accuracy while keeping an eye toward deadlines
- Cooperative team member who respects organizational policies and procedures
- Excellent problem solving, multi-tasking, troubleshooting skills and attention to details
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing
- Successful history in working independently, collaborating with others, and as a team member
- Ability to follow processes and directions
Responsibilities & Duties
- The scheduling and execution of the highest quality of cleanliness, presentation, facility preparation and readiness while demonstrating a safe & professional visual experience for those present on campus.
- General cleaning duties include, but are not limited to: sweeping, mopping, dusting, sanitation of bathrooms, classrooms, removing spills, carpet cleaning, stripping & waxing of floors, trash removal, etc.
- General maintenance and care for tools utilized in performing duties in order to promote long life and high performance in the area of cleanliness.
- Friendliness and demonstrating flexibility in service.
- Committed to delivering outstanding results in your area of responsibility
- Other requirements not listed, but legally required by management.
Other General Expectations
- Exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by: a well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, be willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, while maintaining composure and flexibility.
- Be conscientious of confidentiality.
- Be able to accept criticism.
- Exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- Give extreme attention to detail with an eye for excellence.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task through priority and organization.
- Maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer and Christian Community.
Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally. (Occasionally: activity exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves occasional sitting and involves walking, driving, bending, or standing for brief periods of time.
How to Apply
- Submit a GCS Employment Application
- Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLAIMER: The statements of the job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this category. The description does not contain an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills and other requirements necessary of employees to perform in this position.