This position has been filled.
Reports to Upper School Principal | Supervises Fine Arts Teachers
To perform effective supervision and administration of the Fine Arts program in order to provide students access to high levels of instruction and achievement of academic proficiency in Dance, Theater, Music and Visual Art.
About Grace Christian School
Located in Sanford, NC, Grace Christian School offers accredited K-12 private Christian education. Our mission is to equip students from a Christian worldview to reach their God-given potential through excellence in academics, athletics, fine arts and technology. Our faculty and staff have been hand-selected for their outstanding qualifications, commitment to education, and love for Jesus Christ. It is our desire to guide each student in the development of Christ-like character and life goals that are pleasing to God.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Seek to role model in attitude, speech, and action a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ
- Direct the development, evaluation, revision and alignment of Fine Arts curriculum K-12 in the areas of instrumental music, vocal music, visual art, and drama/theater
- Direct, organize and coordinate the development of new and/or innovative Fine Arts programs
- Work with all Fine Arts teachers on educational and administrative procedural needs of their programs
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all Fine Arts equipment
- Assist with recruitment, selection and training of personnel and make sound recommendations relative to personnel placement, assignment, retention, discipline and dismissal
- Assist principals in the supervision, scheduling and evaluation of Fine Arts Teachers
- Collaborate with the Director of Special Programs to support and schedule after school lesson programs
- Develop community arts partnerships and increased performance opportunities across the district that involve both students and staff
- Identity, analyze and apply research and best practices that support Fine and Performing Arts instructional programs at all grade levels
- Use available software to sell event tickets and merchandise, and to schedule auditions
- Create program schedules and keep students, parents/guardians, and faculty regularly apprised of the schedule, expectations, and opportunities for participation
- Work with the Merchandise Manager to order all Fine Arts related apparel
- Work with the Director of Advancement & Admissions to promote Fine Arts events and programs (to include, but not limited to, advertising events, keeping the community appraised of daily happenings in the Fine Arts program, and to highlight program wins)
- Committed Christ-follower
- 3+ years teaching experience in at least one area of fine arts
- Prior supervisory, administrative, or management experience
- Ability to develop and manage programs and budgets
- Knowledge of overall operations of music, art, theater, and non-athletic extracurricular programs
- Strong leadership, communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
- Submit a GCS Employment Application
- Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
DISCLAIMER: The statements of the job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this category. The description does not contain an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills and other requirements necessary of employees to perform in this position.